By the impact of sun exposure, stresses and gravity start to appear on our faces. These aging signs are manifested in deep creases, slackness of the jaw line and folds and fat deposits on the neck.
Facelift or Rhytidectomy is a viable option to counteract these problems by removing fat and tightening skin and muscles — leaving your face with a youthful and vibrant appearance.
Facelift surgery is a popular choice among many male and female individuals looking to improve the appearance of the face and reduce signs of facial aging.
Total: Facelift + Brow Lift + Neck Lift
Half: Facelift + Neck Lift
Good Candidates for Facelift Surgery
An ideal candidate for facelift surgery is who
· Possesses good skin elasticity
· Strong bone structure
· Good health
· Loose skin
Before the Procedure
· One month before Facelift Surgery: You are strongly advised to completely stop smoking at least 3 weeks before your facelift.
· One week before Facelift Surgery: Avoid taking medicines such as Aspirin.
· One day before Facelift Surgery: You must not ingest any food and drink after midnight the night before your facelift surgery in Turkey.
· The day of Facelift Surgery: Make sure you wear loose-fitting clothes to help you feel comfortable while in surgery. Do not apply any moisturizers or other cosmetic products to your face, head or neck.
Facial plastic surgeons at ADEM&HAVVA begin with an incision in the area of the temple. The skin is gently lifted as the surgeon repositions and tightens the underlying muscle and connective tissue. In some instances, fat may be removed, as well as excess skin.
For male patients, the incision is applied to accommodate the natural beard line. In most cases, the incisions are made where they will fall in a natural crease of the skin to camouflage any marking or scar. After trimming the excess skin, the plastic surgeon will close the incision with fine sutures or metal clips. Depending on the extent of the facial techniques employed by the surgeon, a facelift can take between two to four hours.
Following the facelift surgery, the surgeon will apply a dressing to protect the entire area where the incisions were placed.
After the Procedure
· One day after Facelift: You will be required to stay at the facility overnight. Our doctor will examine your face and incisions and will provide general instructions for aftercare and the proper use of supportive dressings.
· One week after Facelift: Avoid Aspirin and any anti-inflammatory medications for the first few days after facelift surgery. Smoking and exposure to second-hand smoke should be avoided to prevent delays in the healing process.
· One month after Facelift: It may take a few months for swelling resulting from facelift to subside. Incision scars will fade in 6 months. Avoid being exposed to sun during recovery period to achieve all your appearance goals safely and painlessly.
General risks of Facelift
· Swelling and bruising
· Hair loss
· Skin loss
Frequently Asked Questions
Where will the incisions be made during Facelift Surgery?
Typically incisions made during facelift surgery are placed around the front of the ear and behind the ear and scalp hairline.
When is the best time of year to undergo Facelift Surgery?
Winter is the best time to undergo facelift surgery in Turkey, so you can avoid sun exposure after the operation.
When is it possible to wear make-up after Facelift Surgery?
Two weeks following facelift surgery.
Will my face structure be changed after the Facelift surgery?
Facelift does not alter or change a patient’s natural Features.